Training for Human Trafficking Advocates
San Francisco is committed to educating communities about human trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation. As a part of that, SafeHouse offers an intensive 40-hour Human Trafficking Advocate training that satisfies the training requirement for California Evidence Code 1038.2(b). Please note that this only fulfills the training requirement, you must work for a qualified agency to claim the Human Trafficking Case Worker privilege. The training is conducted by SafeHouse staff along with guest facilitators from partner agencies in the city who support survivors. Training opportunities are offered to community members, partner agencies, and SafeHouse volunteers/interns.
Our training curriculum topics include but are not limited to:
- History and Societal Attitudes Toward Human Trafficking
- Peer Counseling Techniques
- Civil and Criminal Law Related to Trafficking
- Resources (housing, public assistance, financial resources, etc.) for Trafficking Survivors
- Privileged Communication
2019 Spring Co-hort Training Dates:
- Saturday, April 13th (8:30 am-5pm)
- Saturday, April 20th (8:30 am-5pm)
- Saturday, April 27th (8:30 am-5pm)
- Saturday, May 4th (8:30 am-5pm)
- Saturday, May 11th (8:30 am-5pm)
- Saturday, May 18th (8:30 am-5pm)
Training cost: $175. SafeHouse's partner agencies may be eligible for a partner discount, for more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to register.