Training for Human Trafficking Advocates
San Francisco is committed to educating communities about human trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation. As a part of that, SafeHouse offers an intensive 40-hour certification training that is in accordance with California Evidence Code 1038.2. The training is conducted by SafeHouse staff along with guest facilitators from partner agencies in the city who support survivors. Training opportunities are offered to community members, partner agencies, and SafeHouse volunteers/interns.
Our training curriculum topics include but are not limited to:
- History and Societal Attitudes Toward Human Trafficking
- Peer Counseling Techniques
- Civil and Criminal Law Related to Trafficking
- Resources (housing, public assistance, financial resources, etc.) for Trafficking Survivors
- Privileged Communication
All participants are eligible to earn the human trafficking caseworker-victim privilege upon completion. To earn the privilege, participants must attend all 40 hours of training. No make up dates are available.
Fall Co-hort Training Dates:
- Monday, Sept. 18th (9am-5pm)
- Monday, Sept. 25th (9am-5pm)
- Monday, Oct. 2nd (9am-5pm)
- Monday, Oct. 9th (9am-5pm)
- Monday, Oct. 16th (9am-5pm)
- Monday, Oct. 23rd (9am-5pm)
Training cost: $175. SafeHouse's partner agencies may be eligible for a partner discount.
Click here to sign up if you are a community member or staff at a partner agency.
Click here if you are signing up as a volunteer.